I recently bought a used Nexus One phone from craigslist. It has an AMOLED screen which uses less battery when displaying black pixels. I’m a bit of a battery Nazi, so I created a pure black wallpaper.
If you’re viewing this post on a Nexus One and would like to use this black wallpaper…
- Click here to view the wallpaper image.
- Touch and hold on the image until a menu appears.
- Choose “Set as wallpaper”.
Per Kadin’s suggestion, if you’re viewing this post on a computer, you can use your Nexus One’s barcode scanner with this qr code to get the black background as well.
Here’s how I made the black background.
- I googled “nexus one wallpaper resolution” to get the correct dimensions for the Nexus One wallpaper which is 960×800 pixels.
- I used Aviary’s online image editor Phoenix to create a 960×800 image with a black background.